In March, we’re rolling out a number of changes to the tools and solutions we use to better protect your privacy.
At Rise, we believe in transparency, accessibility, security and privacy, and place these principles at the crux of everything we do. We don’t measure our success in numbers, and set an example for what a modern environmentally sustainable company should look like.
You don’t need to compromise on user privacy to collect useful data. We previously used Matomo Ethical Analytics, which collected and analyzed user usage data in an anonymized way, but now we’ve decided to deploy cookie-less analytics that don’t collect any personal data at all.
We’re updating our policies to reflect this change, and removing options to opt-out of Matomo analytics. All previous Matomo data will be deleted.
To be transparent as possible, you can now access our analytics publically at simpleanalytics.com/getrise.design.
No more Google reCAPTCHA
We’ve never been fully comfortable using Google reCAPTCHA. It requires cookies to run, and collects a large amount of unknown data on the user, which is analyzed by Google. Finding a replacement has been difficult, accessibility concerns keeping us from using a Honeypot, but we have found an alternative and will be rolling it out by the end of the month.
- We’ve stopped using JotForm to collect data using surveys.
- Google Tag Manager scripts have been removed from our websites.
- Mailchimp is no longer being used for bulk emailing and marketing campaign management – we now use a custom solution.
- We no longer ask for gender on our contact forms in favor of pronouns.
In the future, we hope to…
- Stop backing files up on Google Drive in favor of Azure.
- Replace Utterances commenting system with a self-hosted system.
We will continue to provide simple summaries of our policies and quick overviews of the services we provide. Our policies include GDPR level rights for all users regardless of location, easy data amendments or deletions, and an ethically tested services approach.
If you have any questions about our commitments to privacy or our policies, please contact our DPO/Data controller on firstname.lastname@example.org.